The five day capacity development program on e-PEMS started today. The program is aimed to equip auditors with knowledge and skills of e-PEMS to enable them to use it effectively while auditing the agencies.
The Program Director opened the session by highlighting the importance of e-PEMS to be an added advantage for auditors knowing the modules of e-PEMS thoroughly before auditing the agencies.
Two Officers from the Department of Public Accounts, Ministry of Finance are imparting training to 15 Auditors from RAA HQ and Regional Offices. The training will cover the following modules;
- e-Payment overview and Cash Flow Management;
- User Management in the e-PEMS;
- Payee Account Master, Party Master and Assignment;
- Budgetary Release Forecast and Fund Release;
- Voucher summary and voucher details;
- Transaction categories (Advance payment, Bills & other payments, Refundable payments, Travel, Utilities, Fuel etc.);
- Deposit work process and payment;
- Government Payroll System (GPS), LTC payments, LE payment and LPC;
- Voucher Reversal, Journal and Other Voucher;
- Bank statement and Bank reconciliation; and
- Latest enhancements in the e-PEMS system.
The training is being conducted with financial support from Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
The training is scheduled to conclude on the 10th of September 2021.